Monday, April 29, 2013

4/29/2013

    This weekend, we had a meeting filled with information. We went over some important stuff about our trip, discussed some upcoming events, and we got our financial information. Some of the important stuff we had to go over was making sure everyone had their passports, reminding everyone to get their shots if they haven't already done so, we also went over how much spending money we would need to take over there. Another thing that was brought up, that I didn't know about was the visas. We will be paying for the visas when we get over into Kenya. I thought that you had to apply for a visa before traveling, because that's what my dad had to do when he went to India. Apparently its different in Africa, they welcome anyone into their country. 

    We have some cool things happening soon. Right now, we are collecting any used clothes to help raise funds. Anyone in the Ramona area who has any clothes they want to donate, let me know and I'll be more then happy to come pick them up for you! We will be accepting clothes through June 9th. Another super awesome thing we are doing right now, is that we have bibles up for donation for $5 that will be going to the Masii Christian Chapel. I think this is so cool! For just $5, you can have a bible donated to this chapel and with your donation, you can write a special encouragement on the inside cover. How incredible is that?? So any family that goes to the chapel on Sunday morning can open up that bible and see your message and know that they are loved from half way across the world. That's pretty cool. 

    Our team has been blessed with many tech-savy people, who are incredible. They are creating a website for our Africa Team. On the website, each member of our team will have their own biography that tells all about them, and gives any blogs or websites that they have. So this blog will be on my biography. There will also be a PayPal account where people can donate to individuals through that website, so its a little easier and faster than sending a check or cash. I want to thank Jessica and Rick and anyone else who helped create the website! You guys are AWESOME!!! I will get a link up to the website, I just don't have it quite yet... =]

    On a final note, I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has donated to me in any way so far, Aunt Donna and Uncle Larry, the Hill Family, the Lewis Family, Uncle Bill and Aunt Diane, The Frias Family, The McNulty Family, Doris Ando, and The Evans Family. Thank you all so much! Thank you also to everyone praying for my team and I, I greatly appreciate it! 

    In two weeks the whole Africa team will be getting back together for a night of eating, picture-taking, and prayer, lots of prayer. We're going to be taking a group photo and having dinner and everyone is bringing something (I'm bring a delicious strawberry/cool whip/graham cracker desert. yumm.) and then we will spend the rest of the night in prayer with each other. It should be a great night, and I'm really looking forward to it. 

Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
1 Chronicles 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment