Sunday, June 30, 2013

6/30/2013

    Today is kind of a bittersweet day. This morning was FANTASTIC with the Mwamba Children's Choir. The Mwamba Children's Choir is a choir from Uganda and they are on tour here in the US. They were absolutely amazing! These kids were not only cute, but they were talented. They were singing and dancing, and filling the room with joy! It was incredible. After they performed, the Africa team was called up to the stage. Pastor Mike spoke a little about what we will be doing over in Kenya, and talked about how every person in the church was part of the team going to Africa. I'm going to add to that, and say that every person who contributed in any way, shape or form, or anyone who is or will be praying for my team and I is part of our team. Because I know that there are people in Colorado, Indiana, Virginia, San Diego, Florida, and many other places who have helped out our team. And you are all part of the team, you guys just won't be in Africa with us. But we are so thankful to each and every one of you who have contributed to us.

    After Pastor Mike talked about the trip, he, along with the rest of the church, commissioned the team. The whole team was kneeling on the stage and all the church was praying for us. It was great. After we were commissioned, the Children's Choir came back up and performed a few more songs and got all of the church on their feet and dancing. These kids really make you want to dance. After the service I was able to talk to the Choir leader, Daniel, and he was asking me if I had ever been to Kenya, and he told me he had been and he loves it there. They were awesome. We also had a booth in the foyer where families could sponsor children from Tumaini, and my family sponsored a 13 year old girl named Nzilani, and my grandparents are now sponsoring a 9 year old boy named James. I'm so excited because both of them will be at the camp and I will get to meet them and spend time with them!  

   Now for the bitter part of the sweet day. My family and I went out to lunch after church for a goodbye lunch. It was fun, we always have a fun time going out to eat. After lunch I said goodbye to my Aunt and Uncle and went home so the rest of my family could pack up and leave for Palm Springs. Before they left, I took a picture of my family on the camera I'm taking so that Nzilani can see everyone. And then we said goodbye, and they were gone. So today has been an incredible day, I saw an AWESOME Children's Choir, my family is now sponsoring a child in Kenya (who I get to meet!), my team and I were commissioned which means we are one step closer to leaving (2 days!!!), but I had to say goodbye to my family. I'm just so thankful for such a supportive family and everyone in my life. This trip is going to be awesome!

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere- in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
Acts 1:8


1 comment:

  1. Had the privilege of being part of the wonderful celebration service with my dear friends...the Hoverson's! My daughter and I sponsored a 13-year old girl named Nzula. We are so excited to have the team meet her and have Bible school there for her to include her! Woo-hoo! Praying everyday for courage, wisdom, strength and endurance for the entire team! Love from Seal Beach!

    ReplyDelete