Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2/19/2013

    This week we have our first fundraising event. We are holding a rummage sale at the church. It should be a lot of fun, and it should really help to fund our trip. I'm looking forward to it to be able to get to know some of the others going on the trip too. I live in San Diego, and the church is in LA, so I can't go to the church service every Sunday, so I don't know everyone going to Africa with me. But, I know I will get to know them and become good friends with some of them. In my next post, I'll make sure to include pictures from the rummage sale that I take.

    This week I had an amazing opportunity to meet Britt Nicole. She came to a local music station and I had won tickets to see her. I was thrilled, to say the least. She was so down to earth and she was phenomenal live. I was able to talk with her after her performance, and she's gone to Uganda, Africa a while back so I asked her about it. She told me that she loved how simple everything was over there. No one has mirrors, so they don't know what they look like, so they aren't worried about their appearance like we are here in the U.S. Another thing she loved was the dancing and the singing, and the pure happiness of the people. It was great to be able to talk to Britt about Africa, and hear her stories. She really is an amazing vocalist, and an amazing person. I'm so glad I had the chance to meet her. 
 My friend Bianca, Britt Nicole, and me.


    This is a scripture that Britt said, and I really like it, so I will end with this. 

    Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.

1 Chronicles 28:20

No comments:

Post a Comment