Monday, February 11, 2013

2/11/3013

    In 142 days, I'll be leaving for a life changing trip to Kenya, Africa. I'm going on a missionary trip with Valley Christian Church, and I'm more than excited to go. I've known since September that I wanted to go, and things are just starting to get real. But with the excitement, comes fear. Going to Africa I will be exposed to deadly diseases, such as malaria, yellow fever, and other parasites. It can be a scary place, but I know why I'm going, and I know I will be OK. I know that I'll be fine. I'll be safe, and taken care of, but every now and then I have to remind myself, and my mom, that God will be with me, and I'll be taken care of. 

  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you," Psalm 56:3. 

    I'm so excited to be going on this trip. I only have 142 days until we leave. We still have a lot we have to do to prepare ourselves for the trip. We still have a lot of fundraising to do and we have to pack (that comes much later). 

    This is going to be quite an adventure that I'm really looking forward to. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment