Sunday, May 12, 2013

5/12/2013

    I can't even begin to write how thankful I am for this opportunity to go to Kenya. This trip has already changed me, and I haven't left the country yet. When I fist saw the flyer in the bulletin at church, I knew I was going to Kenya, but I didn't know how much it was going to mean to me. I was so excited to be able to travel to a new country and see a new culture. I was excited about helping others in need, but it didn't have as much pull as traveling did on me. This was back in September. 

    Nothing really changed until February. That's when I felt things happening. God came into my heart and started working on it, and He still is. He's preparing me for Africa, softening my heart so that when I go to Kenya, I will be ready to God to mold my heart into something new. He will be changing me through Kenya and the people of Kenya. Now when I think about going on my trip, I'm so excited to see what God is going to do through my team and I, and how He is going to change us. Yes, I'm still really looking forward to traveling out of the country, but now that doesn't compare to the fact that God has BIG plans for my team and I, and that excites me more than anything. 


    Yesterday, my team and I met up to talk about our trip and to go over some other details. We are 98% sure of our tickets, we just have to get them booked tomorrow. We should be leaving on July 2nd and coming home on July 28th. Everything is getting so real, and I'm getting so excited. During our meeting , everyone who has been to Kenya before told us everything they wish they had been told before they went over there. It was so great to hear everything they had to say, to get some insight into what it will be like over there. 


    We were talking about some of the things we were bringing over there with us. We aren't super sure how many bags we will be able to take on the plane, but we're hoping to be able to take two suitcases and a carry-on. One suitcase will be for our clothes and personal items. The other suitcase will be used to take over stuff from the church, like bibles, and toys, and shirts. We were also talking about other little things that we could take over, such as stickers, or little bracelets. Apparently the kids love stickers, so I am thinking about bringing some sheets of small stickers to hand out. 


    I'm so thankful for each person going on this trip. Every single person has something special to bring to the team and will be able to use that over in Africa, and that's going to make for a fantastic trip. 



Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 
Ephesians 3:20

2 comments:

  1. Everything is lining up for you to have a terrific trip! Your group sounds wonderful and you will accomplish amazing things! Tammy is leaving in 9(!) days for Ghana. She will still be there while you are in Kenya. She returns home on July 25th. I am so excited to see the ways God will use both of you and how much you will grow from these awesome experiences! <3 Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful for your heart, Catie. You bring so much to this trip and to the people of Kenya. I am so excited for you to come and experience it all. Thank you for saying yes to Jesus every day. It is such a God thing that you are going and I can't wait. love you.

    ReplyDelete